Sunday, July 24, 2016

A few of my Favorite Things:



In an attempt to share some about my trip, I decided to do some post about my favorite things and People from India.

Someone who made a big impact on me was this little girl, S. I met her by accident; I almost missed a wonderful opportunity.  I almost did not go to the soccer game that day, I’m so glad I did.  S is 8 years old, and later to some of my teammates became known as Noelle’s little friend, because she would come up to me every time she saw me in the village. This picture is from the day we met. She came up to me as I walked with one of my teammates (who already had a gaggle of kids with her) and grabbed my hand and started walking with me.  I was immediately drawn to her because she had a cleft lip.  You would never know that she was different though.  We talked about all sorts of things that day.  My favorite line was when we were talking about Bible verses and how she had to recite one in Sunday School.  I asked her what it was and if she would recite it to me and she said “no, because it’s in Hmar and you would not understand it.” I just laughed and told her my favorite verse (Isaiah 41:10 if anyone wandered).  She told me about how she prayed to God, and how she knew that God was always with her. 
It struck me that she had the child-like faith I had always heard about, the one that Jesus encourages us all to have.  

“And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them.  But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.  Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.” 
Matthew 21:16 ESV


S has the childlike faith, I have thought about her since we came home.  She surprised me; this child who lives in poverty has this Joy that could only be explained by a child who truly knows Jesus.  This 8 year old girl is an inspiration to me, she has a child-like faith that we should all inspire to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment