Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Processing is Tough!



I have been home for 2 weeks as of today.  But I’m not really home; my heart is still in India, and with my teammates spread all over the USA/Canada/and Mongolia.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited to be home, I love my comfy bed, and getting to hug my mom.  But my heart is broken, I miss India and my new family.  Being the big theatre fan that I am, I went to support some of my friends in a local show today.  One of their moms saw me and said, “You’re back! You’ve on solid Ground.”  Then she asked me for my top 3 moments from India.  It shocked me; someone besides my mom actually cares about my trip!  Everyone wants to know how it was, and once I give the generic answer “It was great! I got to see God work in really awesome ways.”, then I get a smile and some people might ask me one or two more questions and then we go on about our lives.  

This got me thinking, should I have been shocked that she asked me these questions? The answer is no!  In fact one reason people may not have asked me is because I haven’t really wanted to share.  It’s been too hard to talk about everything that happened the last month in my life.  It makes me mad at God; because why would he do all this and then take me away from these people I now call family?  I haven’t wanted to talk about my trip because I haven’t wanted to fully process my trip.  I have processed some, through talking with my mom.  However, I haven’t wanted to.  I have wanted to live in the past and dwell on the last month of my life. 


God has opened my eyes by her question.  It was his way of telling me that He brought me home so that I could minister to my friends and family here in the states.  Its great to do all these wonderful things in other countries but if you don’t share these adventures with the people back home because these are the people who have supported me through all of this.  These people want to hear about my adventure.

So here it goes, my top 3 things from India (In no particularly order).

  1.    Getting to love on all the kids, but my favorite moment was getting to love on this little girl.
  2.  God told me how much He loved me, and why He loves me so much. (see Blog from India for more details).
  3.   My teammates and Leaders were some of the best people ever.



A BONUS ONE
  1. Our contacts in India, who were some of the sweetest people ever
 

No comments:

Post a Comment